Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Ineffable, A Web in the Basement of Dreams


I left my heart in the flashing lights
Where we danced like spiders
In the basement of dreams
Crawling along the silken strands
In mellifluous emulsion
It touched so close my solitude was not my own
And the proximity piqued my reserve
Deferring questions
I had walked right through my company
Like they were afterthoughts
Before we’d exchanged greetings and parted ways
Sunrise
The next day the squander of time was the best medicine
To sit alone and wonder if the world
Has forgotten thee this time around
Looking over thy shoulder
Towards infinity
Arid moments were abundant in those afterthoughts
Though flames of white candles singed the dust away
I felt it coming on
The time was spacious in its relaxation
It let everything go this once
Even moving forward
It let everything cave in theory
And found happiness
To build the palace was now a delicacy
The haunts of the ghetto were watching again
They saw something cold
Helpless
Prepared to die at any moment
Should the western truth at last congeal
And murmur its departure
From its absurd grope for life
The weight was a transcendence of itself
In thoughtless abstraction
And there was a rush moving
In the energy of natural devotion
The grip was an avowal to a life in the wind
An attestation to the blunts of currents
Caressing each other in flight
And where would the wind take us now
Our wings were tied in leather?
What fashion would entrust itself to us?
We were the epic of the shadow of death
And we loved it
We were a comfort to the looming


Jason Greendyk, www.jasongreendyk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment