Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Ineffable, Mrtvá Láska


Long the day
I could barely rustle a thought
For longer than it took to pass away
And as I wandered along
Aimless in the transitions
The poetry it poured through me
And filled the air
And I couldn’t quite capture
In a panic
So I had to let it go
Some things die
And we were true to heart
I only wanted to control beauty
To show the other life I could have lived
The beauty that was everywhere and everyone
And all of you alone in my thoughts
Encompassing the empty spaces
And the void was frantic
In its calling
Out to wed the night
And I’ve always loved the night
She was always mine
Her suitors were an abstraction
I could always disappear
Always wait for the dawn
And I always wanted the courage
To love the abyss with all my heart
And leave my lovers
Whom only filled her moaning with deep lies
But they were my happiness
Moment by moment
Always groping
Never quite true


Jason Greendyk, www.jasongreendyk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment