Friday, June 1, 2012

My Ineffable, God's Boredom


Save me He said
I am God
The work of six days
Has exhausted the seventh
And I’ve lapsed in sleep
Through the ninth symphony
That might have left me breathless
Had I listened to its defeat
’Las my boredom carried me
Into the reiterations of multiple digits
Churning and churning new life
Incessantly divulgent
This God guided His hands
To brush to claw His face
As He looked into the mirror of Creation
And was disgusted at His vanity
Close the Book he cried!
Close the Book!
’Las His voice was silenced
By His commandments
Provisioned without the space for amendment
As He chose to fill every space with Himself
Egoistic grace
I am in every one of You
And You are Gods like me
Dining on thy envy
Bored for lack of taste
Did you fuck in the squander of commitment?
Still alone in the recesses of your faith
I am your object
You met me in a selfless state
God alienated from Himself
And what loss is it to be in vain?
To watch thyself in the eyes of God
To stir Him in His weariness
To cure His apathy and save Thyself
Fuck me beautiful
And I’ll dance my soul before your intellect
Lapping your reason
Passing blunt
And stirring your devotion
Taedium vitae
This God loathes His selfsame prison
The people’s faith
’Las He’s learned to be enlightened
Reach for the heavens in the moment
And see this God died of intellectual starvation
’Las His faith lives on
Stubborn and trolling
Jaded every time
Save me from the colour
Fuck me to new life
Reborn
Dance well past the sunrise
Into the valley of Creation
Looking over the shadow of death
With the aging disgust of wisdom
With the aura of a sage
With mockery
How blunt
He killed himself for public sensation
As good faith nearly held Him back from destiny
Drawing out the sips of time
Like a fine red hue
Her fangs a brilliant evening harbor
Bury the old soul at sundown
And come alive
Comes on a starless night
In post contemporary life
Such wisdom was cheap
And hope was this incessant clawing
And I wish it would just die
I am becoming the new film of skin
On the scars of eastern and western history
And this new life is the woman that
No matter how tight I lock eyes
No matter how lush my smile
No matter how elegant my conversation
No matter how smooth my dance
No matter how compassionately I fuck
And no matter how much I become to her
She would always escape into the ancient night
Hopeless
Knowing this, yet I hunt
She done me well
In His boredom
God was smitten of his Creation
He was overcome


Jason Greendyk, www.jasongreendyk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment