Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Concerto, A Manifesto


There is a concert in the graft
Movements of vehicular
Swerving to avoid the idiosyncrasies
Of the people give them motion
Curving to appease their master
I was a vagrant concepteur on the wayside
Reveling in the moment when thee would stare
Into the vast contingency of possibility
And impossibility
Of have and have not
Of life and death
’Las the Concerto had His own plan for me
Remember, I’ve stared into the abyss
I’m hung on the last thread of reason
A puppet of the spheres
And when the pit devours me
It will have a familiar taste on its tongue
That it can’t quite define

Uncanny

An ego that swelled to fill the womb of the universe
And became one
Blood and sinews sewn to the black holes of desire
Reborn to the pop culture communism of the spirit
Clutching at the stray thoughts
I work with the psychological intricacies of human experience
The dogged thoughts that roam the dark alleys of Mind
Would I take them in
Clothe them
Give them shelter and a home
Raise them to believe in the force of their spirit
Against all

And in their abstract consummation
Some great weight was lifted for no reason at all
It vanished
If it weren’t for the capitalist oppression of the spirit
I would be an artist
’Las concepts share the preference of economy
Words are cheap but hold immeasurable weight
And I am all the lighter for it


Jason Greendyk, www.jasongreendyk.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment