Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Ineffable, Bête Noire


All of the sudden
It was as if her entire life
Had been a sweet nothing
A beautiful lady
Unwilling to shelter arrogance
By force of principle
To call ineffably the whisper
So many drastic lives ago
Having closely died
On many a posh occasion
The denouement of the only love
That ever bore the silence
Of the matter
There is nothing left to say
Just close our eyes and hold our hearts
And dream our lives
That would have come to be
If culture did not swim
Into our vagrant hypocrisies
How kindly sheltered
In the presence of believers
Strangely silent nights
And Catolic deceipt
Birthing a bête noire
In the resultant fears
Of reasoned cowardice
A necessary precaution
’Las life is not a game of chess
Where we would march our pawns
To their early blessing deaths
In the names of kings
To save the queens of our souls
In whose passions
Tense bursts of romance
Mark the seasons
Cau!
Mother’s veins are throbbing in my heart
I can feel her swoon
All in one or nothing at all
If only you had known
The hollow that was to ensue
The experience of time’s commodification
Where a lover’s cliché
Conceives a sweet nothing
Baring its naked emptiness
Regrettably human
Where a house a home
Becomes a prison
For want of some securities
An open heart’s solitary confinement
Only faith in letting go
I know I’ve walked on Mother Earth before
And crushed her flowers in my steps
So I can always smell the fragrant truth
Before it comes to fruit
A motion to dilute refrain
Into the present tensions of the other
Dancing and insane
It’s all in the air of resonance
Dreamers timing space
To fold unto their opened arms
I left my heart upon her vanity
And rustled in the morning
’Las her touch had grown quite cold
Toward the bitter grips of hope
As faith is a burden to LOVE
We must let go of harvesting results
To proper maintain the blossom
And cultivate the whisper in the garden

Love, don’t ever change
Please
Don’t ever swim, my darling


My heart blushes and I am quiet
Miss faith is whispering
Of a beautiful lady
Breaking the spell
Dancing my old soul away
On through the source of sublime sadness
A loose resemblance
To some ineffable sense of truth
The silent glances commence
Just smiling :)))


Jason Greendyk, www.jasongreendyk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment