Monday, February 20, 2012

My Ineffable, A Love Poem for the Corporate Person


I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked…” – Allen Ginsberg

And I have seen most the minds of my generation
Frightened trembling ashamed
Cowering in the confines of culture
Subcultures be that they may
Praying for their bliss
To be their ignorance
And comatose on a melodramatic hit
An ephemeral urgency
Regrettably human
And useless insofar as material attains
A dilettante outfit
Americana chic

I cannot allow the academic ghost to devour me
So I say please keep me moving in my shoes
And keep me dancing on the streets
And keep me on my toes
A tip in each the offices I greet

It is an existential experience… the individual relinquishes their very material subsistence to the person in abstract… the corporate entity disarming boundaries… mere no more exist… as in the idolization of a person… wherein their being transcends their immediate location… as in love.

The corporation is an abstraction of love.  The person giving themselves to love… embodies the personality of the incorporated entity instead of their individual… embodies the object of their idolatry in its position towards… its extroverted being in the introverted selection of its clientele… themselves the introverted embodiments of other extroverted beings… and the individual a meeting point of a universal thinking entity… no more in love than love, always… a loving personality… the incorporation of an idea in humanity… and leveling with our company…

Exclusively remiss.


Jason Greendyk, www.jasongreendyk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment